Cincinnati Bengals Elite Jerseys

Recent Topics Forums Development Cincinnati Bengals Elite Jerseys

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of linchao linchao 2 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of linchao
    linchao
    Participant

Nobody has more sacks in the last seven seasons than Denver Broncos star Von Miller Victor Mete Jersey , who has dumped the quarterback 83 1-2 times since his Rookie of the Year debut in 2011.

Miller’s sole sack of Seattle’s Russell Wilson, whom he’ll face for just the second time Sunday, came in 2014, eight months after the Seahawks throttled the Broncos in the Super Bowl with Miller sidelined by a knee injury.

Neither player seems particularly enthusiastic about facing the other in the season opener at Mile High Stadium.

“Russell’s elite,” Miller said Thursday. “Nobody likes playing Russell Wilson . He’s just elite, best of the best. As a pass rusher, you want a guy that when you get to him and you touch him, he’ll lay down for you. Russell’s the complete opposite.

“He’s probably THE most elusive quarterback out there. So, nobody likes that, especially if you’re a sack guy.”

Miller’s been a big fan of Wilson ever since seeing him outshine Matt Flynn in an exhibition game at Denver in Wilson’s rookie season.

“I feel like he’s been great since his first couple of starts in the preseason, when was that, 2012, when he just went off in the preseason? I think he’s been great. He really hasn’t looked back since then,” Miller said. “He’s a great quarterback. He’s done everything the right way, one of those guys who you want your kids looking up to. So, Russell Wilson is a great quarterback and I’m looking forward to playing against him.

“Not really.”

Wilson is just as effusive in praise of Miller.

“He’s one of those guys that’s a game changer Mike Ditka Jersey ,” Wilson said. “He can make some plays. I think the best thing for us is knowing where he is and playing smart football. When you’re playing LeBron James, or you’re playing guys like Kobe Bryant or Steph Curry, they’re going to make their plays.

“He’s one of those guys for sure.”

Miller always fancied himself more of a Dirk Nowitzki.

“Yeah, I thought I was Dirk,” Miller cracked. “It’s great, especially coming from a guy like Russell. I already told you what type of player he is and what he means to the National Football League. So, for him to have those words for me are amazing.

“I still don’t look forward to playing against him,” Miller stressed. “But it’s going to be a great game on Sunday.”

Teams have long schemed to keep Miller from destroying their offensive game plans like he did in Super Bowl 50 with a pair of strip sacks of Cam Newton.

They tilt protection his way, chip him with tight ends and otherwise force him to beat double teams most of the time.

The addition of first-round draft pick Bradley Chubb should ease some of that attention .

The fifth overall selection in the NFL draft, Chubb earned a starting spot opposite Miller but the Broncos have the best depth at that position in the league and can also unleash former first-rounder Shane Ray and Shaq Barrett on quarterbacks.

“Von’s still going to get chipped, and early on they’re going to obviously test Bradley (to see) if he can win one-on-ones away from Von. If he does that, then we’ll get more fair protections,” Broncos coach Vance Joseph said. “But most teams are still going to turn to Von and chip Von. If they don’t, he’s going to take over the game.

“But it helps having Chubb opposite and having Ray opposite and even with our NASCAR package having our four pass rushers on the field. That’s always a good deal, too. It creates more one-on-ones.”

Chubb knows all about Wilson, who started three dozen games at NC State before transferring to Wisconsin.

“I actually got a chance to meet him when I was there at a game http://www.buffalobillsteamonline.com/corey-bojorquez-jersey , so it was pretty cool,” Chubb said. “I didn’t watch him in college but now as a professional I see he makes plays with his feet and with his arms. He’s a great player.”

His interaction with Wilson basically consisted of asking for a selfie.

“It was more of a quick-type conversation. I came downstairs and he was right there and I said, ‘Hey, can I get a picture really quick?’ Took the picture, then he had to be on his way,” Chubb recalled.

He’d love to run into Wilson again Sunday in Seattle’s backfield along with Miller.

The Kansas City Chiefs are poised to head into the regular season with a defensive backfield that bears very little resemblance to the one that spent the offseason and training camp together.

The Chiefs released eight players from their secondary on Saturday, including underperforming cornerback David Amerson, as they trimmed their roster to the NFL’s 53-man limit. They also were poised to add safety Ron Parker, who spent the past four seasons with Kansas City before joining Atlanta.

He was released by the Falcons this past week and was visiting the Chiefs on Saturday.

Throw in a trade with Dallas on Thursday night that landed cornerback Charvarius Ward, and another with Miami on Friday for safety Jordan Lucas, and that’s quite the secondary overhaul.

“I think with every position we’re always going to be looking to get better,” Chiefs general manager Brett Veach said. “We’re not going to look at a position and say, ‘We’re good there.’ ”

Especially one where the Chiefs dealt away one of the league’s biggest stars, Marcus Peters.

Amerson was released by the Raiders before signing with Kansas City, where he was expected to solidify the secondary after Peters was sent to the Rams. But he was often burned in preseason games, and his release appeared imminent when the Chiefs traded for Ward during their preseason finale.

They also added Kendall Fuller earlier this year Bryce Callahan Jersey , grabbing him from the Redskins in the trade for quarterback Alex Smith, and signed veteran Orlando Scandrick late in camp. Late-round pick Tremon Smith has shown flashes, too, giving the Chiefs an intriguing but unproven mix of talents.

“Kendall is a very talented player and can do a bunch of stuff, and Stevie (Nelson) is healthy. Last year he was hurt the first eight games,” Veach said. “Tremon has shown he’s making strides and if Charvarius can follow on that path, you have two young guys moving forward and a lot of arsenal in regards to picks and the salary cap moving forward.”

The Chiefs kept safety Daniel Sorensen on the 53-man roster, an indication they expect him back at some point this season. He broke a bone in his leg but was not placed on injured reserve.

With the status of Eric Berry a bit uncertain 鈥?he missed most of training camp with a stubborn heel injury 鈥?it made sense that Veach would bring in Parker to solidify the safety spot.

“We’re working through the process,” Veach said, “but anytime you can add a guy who played here, knows the system, it’s always going to be advantageous.”

Here are some of the other big takeaways from the Chiefs’ roster cuts Saturday:

LINEBACKER UPSET

The Chiefs kept undrafted rookie Ben Niemann over Ukeme Eligwe at middle linebacker, even though Eligwe was a fifth-round pick last year and started Week 17. Eligwe was among the players who protested during the national anthem, though it appears that had nothing to do with his release.

“We had two teams call us about Ben,” Veach said, “so we knew he wasn’t going to get to the practice squad. If there was any indecision Jonathan Marchessault Jersey , the dialogue with teams basically told us there’s no way we can move this guy because he’s done so much.”

TIGHT ENDS

The Chiefs cut Jace Amaro and Tim Wright, leaving them only Travis Kelce and Alex Ellis for their Week 1 game against the Chargers. Demetrius Harris is suspended for the opener for violating the NFL’s substance-abuse policy, and Veach said the Chiefs are content with three tight ends when he returns.

OTHER COMPETITIONS

Matt McGloin beat out Chase Litton for the No. 3 quarterback job, though Veach said the Chiefs hope to keep the undrafted rookie on the practice squad. Damien Williams and undrafted rookie Darrel Williams joined Kareem Hunt and Spencer Ware at running back, where Kerwynn Williams, Ray Lawry and Algernon Brown were released. The final wide receiver spot went to Marcus Kemp, who beat out a group that included Jehu Chesson, Gehrig Dieter and Jordan Smallwood.

INJURED RESERVE

The only player placed on IR was wide receiver Byron Pringle, an undrafted rookie who surprised in training camp. In what might have been a fortuitous injury for the Chiefs, Pringle hurt a hamstring in their preseason finale, allowing them to keep him on IR this season.

Cincinnati Bengals Elite Jerseys

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.